Come along to our Petanque social gathering on Saturday 1st February from 4pm. Go to the calendar page for more information.
16 October 2013 Update
You, your friends and family are invited to the next Sumner Village Green (old Sumner community centre / library site) working-bee this coming Sunday 20th October at 2pm. SPREAD THE WORD!!!
What to bring: Shovels, hand trowels, wheel barrows, broom, hammer, drill (see below)
Here is a list of the tasks we need help with:
- dismantle and dispose of the piano (sledge hammer, hammer, crowbar, trailer)
- drill holes in bottom of planter drums (industrial drill - pref cordless)
- weeding (hand trowels)
- planting natives (shovels)
- repair broken tables/chairs (drill, wood, screws)
- plant veggie seedlings into planter boxes (veggie seedlings)
- move planter boxes (small fork lift)
- collect and place horsemanure around roses (trailer to collect, shovels & wheelbarrows to place into garden)
- sweep footpath (broom)
Please invite anyone you know who has the necessary equipment and tools to help with the tasks above.
You may not be able to help physically but can help financially to purchase $30 veggie seedlings, $50 tip costs to dispose the piano, $20 horse manure, $20 for hot chips to feed the working-bee troopers. Please deposit into 031355 0703906 02 and put village green donation in the reference box. Thanks in advance for your generosity :)
Future planning for workshop #2 as follows:
- Repair skateboard ramp (6x12mm ply sheets (exterior) 1200x2400, 6x6mm marine ply sheets (exterior) 1200x2400, screws)
Future planning for workshop #3 for the following new projects on library site behind library van parking area, pending approval:
- Junior size skate ramp (materials to be advised)
- Junior size MTB dirt track
- Hop scotch
Your ideas and help for these projects are greatly appreciated. Please spread the word!!
Cant make it to this working bee but are keen to be kept in the loop, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You are also welcome to register your voluntary time with the bridge2rocks timebank. http://bridge2rocks.timebanks.org/ or contact Liz 020 4003 1983 or Lucy 326 7737.
10 October 2013 Update
The Sumner Village Green project needs your help! http://www.sumnercommunity.co.nz/Projects-and-Activities/Village-Green-Project
Meet other volunteers at the Village Green (Cnr Nayland and Wakefiled Ave) this Saturday 12 October at 12pm.
We will be brainstorming what tasks need to be done and who can do them as well as what new things can be bring to life in the space to increase some entertainment in the area. If you need more information, contact Marnie at the Sumner Community Hub at 57 Nayland st or call on 326 7817 or just turn up.
Find out about timebank on the day and see how your efforts can time banked. http://www.sumnercommunity.co.nz/Directory/Organisations-Associations-and-Groups/Bridge2Rocks-Timebank